The Inquisitive Hand Blogger Blog

A Blogger Blog for Religion, Money and Conspiracy

Today's Message: Open your minds, Expand your thoughts, Find meaning.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Blogger Search System

Google has finally released a long overdue Blog Search. I don't know about you, but I have been waiting for this feature for about a half a year now and am glad that it is finally here. Why do we need a blog search? Simple. Blogs are a quick way to get a feel for what people are thinking on any topic. Just type in your term and whammo! You get blog entry after blog entry from people like you and me spouting their opinions. Try it for yourself. Search for "ipod nano", the newest iPod, and see what people are saying. You'll get 20,323 blog entries of people talking about it.

Google is not the first engine to have a blog search. Before Google there were others who blazed the trail:

* Technorati (20,319 posts about ipod nano)
* Feedster (88,341 results)
* Daypop (834 results)
* Bloogz (140 results)
* BlogDigger (2,852)
* IceRocket (14,637)

I'm still not sure which blog search service is the best. I suspect I'll probably bounce between my previous favorites, Technorati (good, but often slow) and IceRocket, and I'll throw Google into the mix. However, as always, Google will be the very best emerging technology of the day and I look forward to things like Google Talk becoming the world standard for Internet Telephony services too. I'd always prefer a Google service over a Microsoft one or random third party one, that's for sure! So let's just wait and see the corporate battle unfold before our highly warped and impaired vision.

Peace. Hand.

2 Inquisitives:

  • At 2:21 pm, Blogger Marisa said…

    Thanks for visiting my site... I don't have too much time to read through yours, but when I get a chance I will look more thoroughly.
    PS I like the mo-ney ho-ney thing. It made me laugh.

     
  • At 4:22 pm, Blogger samantha said…

    Thanks for visiting my site.
    Yeah the google blog search is indeed helpful, it has helped me a lot ..
    big ups to google.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home