The Inquisitive Hand Blogger Blog

A Blogger Blog for Religion, Money and Conspiracy

Today's Message: Open your minds, Expand your thoughts, Find meaning.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

A New Meaning to Your Life

Meaning of Your New LifeI ask you an old age and highly cliche question, "What is the meaning of life?". Hmm. I can't hear you...what did you say? Ohh..you don't know. What a shame. Well let me give you a few ideas:
  • Eating to Death after coming off the Atkins
  • Meeting the Buddha himself in sheer meditation
  • Meeting Death herself (note: not himself)
  • To live a life of Pop and Rock'n'Roll dude
  • To die a natural and highly warped death (your face is warped)
  • To do nothing and rot in Hell fire
  • To smoke and not outlive a moth lacking wings

I do know what the REAL meaning of life is, however, it is a very subjective question for us all. For different people it means different things. But let me give you an insight into my version anyway. So here she goes...the meaning of life is (he pauses, hesitates slightly with a slight lip quiver) ...(a sudden silence floats in the wind, and as his mouth opens, he shouts)...HAPPINESS!

All actions we do are to either earn more money, help someone out (yeah right!) or fulfill our pleasures and dreams. But for what? In the end, even if we don't realise, we crave happiness. For everyone therefore, the meaning of life should be to achieve a state of everlasting happiness. This is what religion is meant to do, however, has failed to do so. I don't believe in God...no...no...I instead wish to know God. The only way that a person can achieve the meaning of life is through loving the Creation of God and eventually, when a person sees God in everyone and everything, then they have achieved a state of bliss. Wonderful bliss forever. Religion was made to help people realise that there is only One God and so everyone should treat everyone else equally in all respects, but nowadays, people bomb each other and kill each other off like little rats on morphine.

It's a bit like that song by Black Eyed Peas called "Where is the Love" (one of my favourites) which perfectly shows what is missing from this Earth. The fundamentalist Christians in Bible belt America seem to feel that they own God...and if you ever talk with them they shall listen to your views and say to you, "Who is your God?". After a thousand times I attempt to explain that there is One God but they refuse to listen, instead believing that only they may believe in God. Fine! Let them continue to believe, whilst I'll continue my quest to know. Anyone can believe in anything, like I may believe that I am the President of America, but that doesn't make it so (uncontrollable cough). However, through meditation, serving the Creation and selfless service to the community anyone can know God because "God is woven into the fabric of the Creation".

There is a beautiful analogy to explain all this...bear in mind that we are living in a matrix world...where materialism is rife and which often hides the true meaning of our very existence:

When you look into the horizon, you see two things...the wave and the ocean. The ocean is endless. The wave doesn't realise how vast the ocean really is, it is unaware of its beauty and extent. Many waves shall crash and never realise. Few waves shall become aware of the vast ocean, and when they crash they shall become the ocean and forever be in bliss. Oh mortal, be that wave which realises the Truth, otherwise life without meaning is death without happiness.

If that didn't make any sense, then take the Ocean to be God and the Wave to be us humans and then read it again. Many people often ask me, "If God exists, why doesn't he show himself?". I smile. "Have you looked at the sky? The stars. The amazing forests and mountains and animals?", I reply. People will always be in doubt, heck, I'm most probably the biggest hypocrite of them all because my brain (or lack of) is always filled with uncertainties. But at least if we know the meaning of life then we can do something to try and achieve it, whether that is meditation or finding a new religion or simply having a secret meeting with Neo on the M51.

Questions will still remain however. Like, "Why there is so much suffering in the world if God is all loving?" and, "Who created God?". I shall cover these questions over time. But for now, "I think (I'm gonna stop writing), therefore I am". May we all achieve bliss my little petals...may we all.

11 Inquisitives:

  • At 6:21 pm, Blogger J Incarnate said…

    Wait... I'm confused, what are your religious beliefs. They may not be like mine... on my site I talk all about religion, it's quite interesting.

     
  • At 9:26 pm, Blogger Jazz said…

    I have no religion, only a way of life. It is one's actions that matter, whatever religion a person follows is irrelevant. When a person dies God is not going to care what religion you follow but instead what deeds you have committed.

    Many people think that in order to achieve the meaning of life we must first die and then we will go to Heaven, but really, anyone can achieve this state of happiness whilst alive...it's called the "Liberated yet Alive" effect. When we die, it will be too late.

    People question God's existence, but really when you look at another person or another object or the stars...this is God. And even if this isn't enough and a person wishes to meet God, they can always pursue Kundalini Yoga. I hope this gives you an insight into my beliefs (or "knows").

     
  • At 1:40 am, Blogger Black Cat said…

    if u ask me (which i know ur not, so im being arrogant here)i wouldnt be happy in a blissful life. (does that make sense?) life is conflict -without the conflict you dont have life and vise-versa. without problems you cant overcome them and without overcoming problems there is no satisfaction, no feeling of deserving. maybe im the young-and-crazy-teenager-going-thru-the-stage-of-youth, and i am, but without hurdles to jump you're running an empty track which gets VERY boring after a while

    anyway hey i like your site clean opinions for open discussion i like your style! (have you noticed i leave a lot of comments? well, i like getting comments so if you have absolutely nothing to do and dont mind a boring site you can visit mine at www.lotrkatfan222.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:36 pm, Blogger Black Cat said…

    i have a question...how is it that you hate to read but write so well?for me writing and reading go hand in hand. i got most of my writing skills from reading like a maniac.

    anway, good job.

     
  • At 10:57 pm, Blogger Black Cat said…

    here is my arrogant self again lol! as u said, there remains the question "why is there so much suffering in the world if god is all-loving?". well.. here's my view.

    picture a lioness with a new cub. the cub is defenseless, knows nothing of the world. here begins scenario #1 - the lioness pampers her cub, brings it food, never burdens it with the lessons of hunting. when the lioness dies, the cub is alone. how does it hunt? how will it survive? the answer is, it doesn't.

    scenario #2 - the lioness brings the cub food only until the cub becomes strong. then she teaches it, day after day, sometimes letting it make its own mistakes, knowing it will learn from its mishaps. when the lioness dies or leaves, the cub is alone but it knows how to sustain itself. it can live and reproduce again.

    which scenario does real lions take? #2, of course - the only way to survive. yes, perhaps not as warm and fuzzy, but it survives nonetheless.

    i know god cannot die or go away or anything, but he infulences the lions to take scenario #2, right? so maybe there is a method behind the madness.

     
  • At 5:08 pm, Blogger Jazz said…

    Where have you got such wisdom from? I like the examples you've given...although as of 5:06pm, I don't think I fully understand them yet. However, hopefully I'll be posting bloggy blog on here soon on suffering. (thinks, is about to write something, but then decides not to)...anyway thanks for the post!

     
  • At 5:21 pm, Blogger Black Cat said…

    sure

    =^-^=

     
  • At 6:01 pm, Blogger chels said…

    i know neither of you, but bc, that was a really great explaination...quite insightful. bravo.

     
  • At 1:12 am, Blogger Jazz said…

    As for the "how is it that you hate to read but write so well?", the few books I've read (or been forced to read at school) have influenced my writing a lot. However, the last time I attempted to read a book I literally fell asleep. What a shame. Even if I really, really want to read, I could not do it unless (1) It makes me some money or (2) It's a book I've written (No. 2 shall never be a possiblity, how unfortunate)

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Black Cat said…

    too bad... actually, i hate assigned reading, too. i read fantasy.. lots of it. and i write it, too (so far ive only finished one 100 page book, pathetic, but fun!)

     
  • At 7:54 am, Blogger Bobby said…

    Oh dear, bit of a glum take on the meaning of life. I had a go at finding the answer!

    In Bob Versus The Meaning of Life I got 5 other unsual opinions. Do you agree with any of their answers?

    http://bobversus.com/archives/432

     

Post a Comment

<< Home